Avernum 6 full screen issue

ALaurie

When I first downloaded the game it was playing fine in 1600x1200 with the setting to use the full width of the screen turned on. I then dropped it down to 1300x1008 still with the option to take up the full screen on but it stays at the standard size. Tried it all ways turned option on and off to no avail. Tried a reinstall. The only think I have not done is kill the prefs and restarted the app.

Any ideas Jeff?

At the normal setting, the game will take up 1600x1200 of the screen. There is only a different with larger monitors than that, so this isn't the problem.

Perhaps, at the new resolution, the OS is leaving part of the monitor black to compensate for the different aspect ratio. (1300 x 1008 is a slightly unusual resolution) The game's setting for how much of the monitor to take up shouldn't make a difference here.

- Jeff Vogel

It's the OP again. Just a different username. Login issues.

The graphics config has not changed. I run a 24" Imac and the native res is still 1920x1200, always has been. When I first ran A6 and selected the full screen option it filled the screen. When I droped down a res it will no longer do it.

Just a bit strange is all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this is the natural behavior of your monitor. It will only show 100% full screen if you are using its native resolution. Any other resolution will display per pixel with black filler where there is no image being drawn. You can force your image to "fill" the entire screen using your driver software or your monitors built in display options.

Hope that helps