Favourite weapons for singleton spellcasters?

Jerakeen

What do you like?

Personally, I'm thinking it's hard to beat the Discipline Blade, even if you do have skill points to spare for weapon skills; 30% fatigue reduction is pretty sweet. I've been hanging on to the Farsight Bow for the 10% reduction, too, but I'm open to suggestions. With these items, plus Warrior's Vambraces and Warmaster's Helm, plus 10 Blademaster from DT, Battle Frenzy lasts 5 rounds, and my fatigue typically lasts 5 to 6 (occasionally 4 or 7), so I'd need a strong motivation to change.

Anybody got a case?

It changes with the part of the game. The stunning blade works nice near the start with haste and bless against a single opponent you can sometimes keep it from attacking. The discipline blade is great until you have enough combat skills to no longer need it. I think I used the best sword I found after the Azure Gallery.

For the doomguard and unstable mass fights I used the most powerful pole weapon I had at the time.

Unstable masses can be beaten with Smite, Slow, and Strong Daze--it just takes a long time and burns a lot of spell energy. I didn't even bother killing the one in the howling depths, just slowed it and let it follow me around while I scooped the goodies. The doomguard...we'll see.