Scary scenarios?

Thaluikhain

I was wondering what scenarios, or parts of scenarios (if any) people found scary? I was thinking of getting back to starting the (hopefully) scaryish scenario I'd dreamt up ages ago, and was looking for some better ideas.

For me, the scariest Exile bit was in Exile3, wandering round that dungeon in the dark with the giant worm things.

IMHO it's pretty hard to do effective horror with BoE; the game can be immersive, but it isn't *that* immersive, not to the same extent as something first-person for instance, or as a well-written book.

That said, some scenarios have done it pretty well.

Off the top of my head, the two I'd recommend most are "Redemption" by Alcritas and "Revenge" by The Creator. "Redemption" is pretty creepy and atmospheric, despite some slightly cheesy and outlandish bits; "Revenge" is not as creepy, it tends more towards a grim sort of humor, but it has some elements of horror.

Also, there's "The Adventurers' Club", which is clearly influenced by the horror genre. Once you get passed the tedium of certain parts, it's rather interesting. However, it is also a *hard* scenario, even harder than "Redemption" (mostly due to lack of powerful items).

("The Adventurers' Club" can't be gotten from the Truesite, the archive for it there is incomplete. Get it from the Spiderweb scenario archives instead.)

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: Miramor

("The Adventurers' Club" can't be gotten from the Truesite, the archive for it there is incomplete. Get it from the Spiderweb scenario archives instead.)

Has been remedied. I guess I should keep a better eye on this forum than I have. PM's or e-mails for things like this usually get things fixed sooner.

As to the original question, I find not being able to see a bit frightening though it can also be annoying if it lasts too long. Not being able to save the game also lends a realer sense of danger. Didn't TM figure out how to do that? Or was that in BoA?