Geneforge 1-3 speed issues on dual core 64bit machines

Insurgance

I have 3 computers in my house.

First the girlfriends laptop which is a single-core 32bit 2ghz machine with the crappiest onboard video you've ever seen. Runs them perfect. (2ghz, 100gb hd, 1gb ram, amd)

Second, my laptop, (dual-core 2.41 ghz 64bit, 240gb hd, 4gb ram, and 512mb video card, intel)

Third, mt desktop, (dual-core 2.8 ghz 64bit, 200gb hd, 6gb ram, and 512mb video card as well, amd)

Both the 64bit machines are running 64bit os's. All are running vista.

What i cant figure out, is it the intel? or is it some other unrelated thing that i can put my fingure on.

Well only one of the laptops has a problem running geneforge.

The only one that has integrated graphics is the girlfriends cheapo $200 bestbuy special. And that runs all the games just fine.

I'm just trying to figure out if it is the intel/nvidia combo that is making it run slow, because all the amds handle it just fine. Not to mention i can run alot more resource needy ganes then these.

I've tried compatibility mode, and tried changing the cpu affinity... restarting, defragging, ccleaning, uninstalling junk, deleting... i think i've tried everything.