Guide for reading guide

I am trying my best to understand BoA designing in spare time after playing.I am reading the guide with the editor but i am confused by the number of guides and i cant decide which one is best or when to read which one.So please guide me that which guide(s) will be good.If you recommend more than one guide also tell that when to read which one.

It's not all that complicated, there only are two definitive texts.

The one you really must read in order to get started is the Blades of Avernum Editor Documentation which came with the official editor, and which you say you've started on. When you finish that, skim the appendices that go with it, they contain most of the information that you'll actually be referring to while designing, but there's no need to try to remember it all. The only other good text available is the BoA Editor Cookbook you should probably read that to, but it doesn't technically contain anything that you couldn't get from the official documentation, it's just written to be easy for beginners, and as it's name suggests, it isn't a comprehensive guide and only gives explanations of how to do certain common tasks.

Finally, I'd like to recommend that future discussions of designing for BoA be taken over to the BoA Editor forum, just below this one, as that's what it's there for.

Originally Posted By: Niemand
Finally, I'd like to recommend that future discussions of designing for BoA be taken over to the BoA Editor forum, just below this one, as that's what it's there for.

Hm... what are you talking about? It's always been in the Editor forum.

*whistles*

Oooh… ninja-druid… tongue

Truthfully, I had already pretty much dissected the BoA Docs before even knowing about Westra's Cookbook. When I looked at that, I'd hoped to find something new. When I didn't, I sort of just didn't look at it anymore. I imagine there are things in it that could be updated though, right?