Switching Computers[G5]

I'm not sure if this is the right topic, so please move it to the appropriate location if you so desire. Anyways:

I've been wanting to switch my four geneforge games over to my laptop. 1 & 2 I have on disks, so I would imagine that I can do that without much trouble. However, my copies of 4 and 5 are registered online. What do I have to do in order to copy them over there (preferably without removing the registration on my desktop).

Also, I only have 1.25 GHz processor on my mac laptop. The minimum for gf5 is 800MHz, with 1.6GHz recommended. Has anyone had trouble playing it on a lower processor?

There should be a file named something like "Geneforge 5 Preferences" in [your username]/Library/Preferences. Copy that over. If that doesn't work, email Spiderweb Software with the details you used to register and they'll give you a new code.

G5 ran fine on my eMac, which has a 1.25 GHz processor. It probably has a better graphics card than your laptop, but it should still run okay.

• 8 months later...

Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I'm having trouble locating the preferences file for Geneforge 4. I can get all of the other games transferred without problem, but Geneforge 4 remains problematic.

Also, when I copy the preferences for Geneforge 2 (installed from a disk) to my flash drive, it becomes unregistered. The preferences on the computer are still registered, but I can't go and play on another computer (which is why I have them on a flash drive to begin with). This problem doesn't exist with 1 and 5.