Finally: BoA in a window (Windows).

nikki.

Now, firstly, a confession. I've known about this for a while. However, after talking to ADoS tonight, it's probably time to share this with the community. There is a way to get BoA to run in a sort-of "windowed" mode. What actually happens is that BoA will occupy the top left of your screen, in an 800x600 window, and the rest of your desktop will be as it should be, leaving you free to open/close other applications/windows without minimising BoA.

The reason I've not posted this before is because I honestly never thought about it. I discovered it accidentally, and promptly forgot. I haven't done it for ages, until ADoS, as I said, asked tonight.

Anyway: to get the windowed version, you need to open up the BoA game. Then, open it again, so that you have two versions running. This can be done by hitting the windows key, or alt+tabbing, or whatever. You'll note that BoA doesn't restore the default resolution when you do this, which is why it works (ADoS and I have tried this with the GF games, and it doesn't work, unfortunately). Anyway, once both copies of the game are working, close one. And that's it.

Edit: Also, as Dikiyoba just pointed out, BoA DOES already have an option not to take up the full screen. It's in the preferences window.