Bug/oddity (possible spoilers for Spire)

Lilith

When talking to Queen Annatolia after getting Crewl's mission to assassinate her, you get a conversation option to tell Annatolia that you're there to kill her. If this conversation option is selected, the whole town of Spire goes hostile. On the other hand, if you just initiate your assassination attempt by whacking her with a sword, only she and her guards go hostile and the rest of the town stays friendly.

Just a little peculiarity (with fairly significant consequences) that I thought I'd mention.

I figure the game is doing its best to implement the idea that if you betray Annatolia while she is still in power, her whole town has to follow her lead, but if you do succeed in killing her, most folks don't actually mind. Too bad it can't turn off town hostility after the Queen dies. Or could it?

The engine is certainly capable of making a large number of hostiles go friendly all at once -- remember the slime-feeding quest, for example?

I'm not entirely sure why it doesn't in this case. Maybe the intended behaviour is for Spire to go hostile and stay that way regardless of exactly how you assassinate Annatolia. Maybe not. But the way it actually works at the moment is just strange.