Jump to content

Men are from Slars

Global Moderator
  • Posts

    15,901
  • Joined

Everything posted by Men are from Slars

  1. I'm not sure what you're asking. All augments cost the same thing for a given creation.
  2. You are incorrect, Drayk augments are 4 essence each. 26 essence with three.
  3. Whoops. You are totally correct! Hah, no wonder what I said didn't make sense. The lack of Innate Haste still holds them back, and picking that augment makes the essence cost comparison worse for them. At that point it's 38 essence for a Drakon that can spam Chain Lightning, versus 26 essence for a Drayk that can spam fire breath (and also has Innate Haste). Even without Overload, the Drakon doesn't actually do more damage per turn (on average). So you're paying close to 50% more essence entirely for the drakon being a bit sturdier. Ur-Drakons will do more damage than a non-Overload Drayk (though less than an Overload Drayk). An Ur-Drakons who can spam AoE costs 56 essence, more than twice as much as the Drayk! That is admittedly a great option if you're up to 400 essence, but getting that high means sacrificing creation levels. I don't think the Ur-Drakon is worth it. Still, this is an interesting point.
  4. Not sure how that could have happened. On the encumbrance thing... oh wow. I always figured the dropped items some entities have, were just generated when you kill them. Nope. Apparently they are generated when the entity is created... and the game actually gives that entity all the stats from them, and even tracks encumbrance! This is amazing! This may actually open up a few opportunities to do some other fun things with creation types. This is going to result in a v1.0.21 for sure. For now, sorry about Zora's encumbrance. And thank you, these were the most fruitful bug reports ever!
  5. I see the 6 AP / Encumbered issue and am working on it. However, I'm unable to duplicate the "not fast speed" issue. Randomizer, is there any chance you recruited her after the base game updated to v1.0.2 but before you reinstalled the mod? I set her speed when she's recruited and I don't see anything that could bypass or change that.
  6. Chain Lightning has a cooldown. Drayks have the augment that cancels cooldowns, Drakons don't. That means they can use it once every 3 turns, which is once every 4 to 6 attacks. Drayks can breathe every single attack, which is now (with the innate haste upgrade) about 1.67 attacks per turn on average. Yes, if you can kill everything with 1 cast per creation the cooldown isn't relevant, but the point is that Drayks reach that point much, much sooner than Drakons do.
  7. She moves slower? Really? That... definitely shouldn't be happening. Thanks for the report, I'll look into that as well.
  8. Well, that's slightly embarassing. Guess I had some placeholder text get left in in the dialogue. Thanks for the report Lorn, I'll work on a fix! Re Zora, I'm not sure what would cause that and I don't see anything I've touched that possibly could. I will keep looking and see if I can duplicate it. For Leadership, you don't yet have the ability to do that. Shanti explained this, the codex does as well.
  9. You seem to be ignoring the other melee buffs, which are rather more significant than this delay. Melee is stronger in Overrun compared to the base game, and the overall game balance is quite different. If you actually play through the mod, you'll have a much better basis to judge all these things based on, versus wild assumptions.
  10. The sword isn't "nerfed" at all. It is delayed. The maximum power is the same, it just needs 20 canisters to get there now instead of 10. There are a kazillion canisters in the game, and no character actually cares about all of them. Why delay it? Because it's the strongest raw damage weapon in the game, and you could get it to max power crazy early. It single-handedly made most other melee weapons irrelevant for actual melee characters for the bulk of the game. IMO, variety is good; but one thing being better than everything else is bad.
  11. alhoon, you completely ignored the second half of the quote. You're comparing an attack you get to use once every 4 to 6 attacks with an attack you get to use every single attack. EDIT: Also, I forgot how meh the Drakon's AoE attack was. With Overload active, one shot of the Drayk's AoE does nearly double what the Drakon's does. (Even the Ur-Drakon's does less than the Drayk's with Overload active.)
  12. This is a large, complicated mod. It is not intended to be user-customized.
  13. On the other hand, a team of drakons would easily lose to a team of drayks. ST attacks are not the same thing as MT attacks. And repeatable MT attacks are not the same thing as MT attacks you get 1 out of every 4 to 6 attacks.
  14. Even if you have the essence, they are only better against single targets. Drayks are generally quite a bit better when facing multiple enemies.
  15. Yeah, this does not really seem like a scenario that speaks in favor of Battle Alphas, since other creation types can deal with it better. If anything this is a scenario where needing to leap rather than breathe is a disadvantage, since often turrets or spinecores (especially spinecores) are spread out over a wide area, and leaping means you will be attacked that round by other spinecores further away, where your ranged attackers would not be in their range yet.
  16. I have to echo the "who thinks this?" question, because this isn't the first time you've made a leap from 1 or 2 people saying "X seems really strong" to making superlative statements about game balance. The fact is that these games are balanced primarily for Normal... but they are also not intended to be particularly challenging on Normal. Every class is designed to be capable of becoming incredibly powerful with good investments, and every class certainly can be played in a way where you slice through enemy encounters like butter. So having that experience doesn't really speak to one class or skill or whatever being too powerful.
  17. If you just want to mess around with builds, you can use the "iamweak" cheat code repeatedly to just keep levelling up. It takes a couple minutes of typing it in, but you can just do the levelling up once, save, and then use the "retrain" cheat any time you want to switch your build up.
  18. Since enemies take more effort to kill on higher difficulty, and take less on lower difficulty, pure DPS (while never bad) is most effective on lower difficulty, whereas disabling statuses (while never bad) are extra useful on higher difficulty.
  19. Not mechanics. Probably just bad luck. The other possibility though is that something correlated with it, in your game, for whatever reason. Maybe melee distance targets tended to be higher level, and therefore have higher evasion, because you tended to kill the lower level targets before they got into melee distance -- for example.
  20. You can access every creation sooner than the Loyalist Encampment. That's only a perk if you are playing Taker, Barzite, or Non-Aligned and you refuse to temporarily join Zakary or the Awakened. I would like to emphasize, again, that the analysis in the OP is a relative comparison. Any creation of high enough level (okay, not ornks) can shred turrets and spinecores (which have practically no defenses anyway). Any creation, with high enough shaping skill, can be strong. But some will still be stronger than others.
  21. What difficulty is this on? (Before somebody sends an angry reply, every difficulty is a valid and good way to play. I'm asking because some tactics work better on easier or harder difficulties, so it's good context to have when hearing that something feels overpowered.)
  22. The math disagrees with you. Think about it logically: You only get 1 cast (and no more) if nothing triggers on your first cast. That's haste (35%), stats (in this case, 61% - I think charm haste is additive with Spellcraft, haven't tested; it's worse it's a separate check), and Spell Mastery (20%). In this case that comes out to 20% for 1 cast only. Assuming your turn doesn't end, you now have either 3 AP or 1 AP, depending on what triggered. Either way, Spell Mastery is now the only thing that can keep your turn from ending. So you have a 20% chance (times the 80% that you make it here at all) of getting 3+ casts, which is 16%. A 4th cast just means rolling another 20%, and so on. So if you really want to do that out we get (with some rounding): 1 cast - 20% 2 casts - 64% 3 casts - 13% 4 casts - 2.5% 5 casts - 0.4% 6 casts - 0.1% This comes out to about 1.99 casts on average if you do the math. In theory, yes, you could pump Spellcraft higher than 17. You'll start eating an obscene number of skill points, but let's imagine we put nearly everything into it and spec equipment for it, and have Spellcraft of 25. Then the math is (again with some rounding): haste (35%), stats + gruesome charm (85%), SM (20%) 1 cast - 8% 2 casts - 74% 3 casts - 14.5% 4 casts - 2.8% 5 casts - 0.5% 6 casts - 0.1% This comes out to about 2.14 casts on average. So in theory this is possible, but the skill point cost is insane. If you somehow got Spellcraft to 34 -- thus guaranteeing that 1st cast would get the AP reduction -- you'd have exactly 2.25 casts on average. I don't think this is possible, but that's the theoretical maximum average casts per turn.
  23. Well put about the damage comparison. You can't average 3+ attacks per round, though. Setting aside the Drakon Skin Cloak (which is essentially a superboss drop), with your stats (and the Gruesome Charm, and Gloves of Spell Mastery of course, and haste active), you have roughly a 20% chance of getting 1 cast, a 64% chance of getting 2 casts, and a 16% chance of 3+ casts. This is fairly close to 2 attacks per round on average.
×
×
  • Create New...