Blades of Avernum Editor

Odile von Rothborne

Wonder if anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. When I use the editor and open a saved scenario an error box comes up telling me that Blades of Aveernum has encountered a problem and needs to close.

This is happening everytime I try and use it. I've downloaded another editor and started again but it keeps happening. Any advice or help would be great. I'm on Windows if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

My first thought:

"If you run the editor and it immediately gives you a ton of errors (like that it can't find the "Warrior's Grove" file), you need to move the editor application (.exe file) itself into the "Data" (Windows) or "Blades of Avernum Files" (Mac) folder." — from the BoA Editor header

Does it give a specific error? If so, it would be helpful to know the exact text of the error message.

Also, are you opening the .bas file in the scenario folders? That's the one that you need to select (so in Valley of the Dying Things, you want to open valleydy.bas in the editor).

The first thing that comes up is :-

Blades of Avernum was unable to find or load graphic 2000. Make sure the editor is in the Data folder of Blades of Avernum (and not in a sub-folder). Also, make sure all graphics are where they should be.

Then it comes up as:-

Error!The Editor was unable to find and load the file warriorsgrove.bas.

Then I open a saved file which comes up as:-

Unhandles Exception: c0000005

At Address: 0042fd60

Does this make any sense to you? It doesn't to me...

Allow me to repeat myself:

"If you run the editor and it immediately gives you a ton of errors (like that it can't find the "Warrior's Grove" file), you need to move the editor application (.exe file) itself into the "Data" (Windows) or "Blades of Avernum Files" (Mac) folder." — from the BoA Editor header

And the error message itself tells you what you need to do: "Make sure the editor is in the Data folder of Blades of Avernum (and not in a sub-folder)."

Quote:
Where is the editor application? Is it in the Source folder?
Odile, you said in your first post: 'when I use the editor'. Well, in order to use the editor, you have to click on the editor.exe, so you seem to know where that is.
The editor.exe = the editor application
Move the editor.exe into the Data folder. You find the Data folder by opening your Blades of Avernum folder.