Archer early level somewhat OP?

Owenmoz

Okay so after a bit i just gave everyone long range weapons and the game is much easier to me im wondering if it was intended to be that way. Or like an oversight. Either way i do appreciate this bc it was getting a bit frustrating to have such a challenge level this early. Either way this does remind me of the relative frustration of using guardians in g1 and g3 due to the encumbrance penalties among others. If it is intended and there is  a formula to figure out in each area. I just want to say this may yet be one of the most rewarding combat systems i have played in general tbh. Bc bad builds get punished dearly and good ones are a relative walk in the park. Which would make sense seen as the respec is free and readily available. 

Archery is more viable in this game than previous ones because bonuses on melee weapons and from abilities apply to range attacks. The main reason to use archery is you can soften up and usually kill monsters that have only melee attacks before they can damage you.