Sign in to follow this  
Grail Shadowblade

Window mode for Avernum 4-6? (Steam)

So I never bothered picking up Avernum 4-6, more then happy toying with BoA and other games. However a friend tossed them at me and I decided to give them a play, however I dislike being forced to change my resolution when if memory serves the other games all let me run in a window. I'd rather run it windowed without all that annoying black, same goes for any of the Spiderweb games on Steam.

I tried to obvious -w (which did nada) but anyone know of a way to set it in the files or the actual command line needed?

Avernum 4 and 5 do not have the ability to be run in a window. That feature was not added to the Genevernadon engine until Geneforge 5.

at least Avernum 6 can be played at that resolution, dunno if A4 and A5 can be too but its easy to test and after you've selected resolution for game you can set at game options not change or don't change resolution.

A6 can be played in windowed mode.

Originally Posted By: Earth Empires
at least Avernum 6 can be played at that resolution, dunno if A4 and A5 can be too but its easy to test and after you've selected resolution for game you can set at game options not change or don't change resolution.

A6 can be played in windowed mode.
Yes, Avernum 6 can be played in windowed mode and at different resolutions, but as I said in my earlier post, Avernum 4 and Avernum 5 cannot.

1366*768 isn't that common resolution and when A4 and A5 were made 1024*768 was quite common still like today it is 1280*1024 or 1920*1080.

1366*768 isn't that common resolution and when A4 and A5 were made 1024*768 was quite common still like today it is 1280*1024 or 1920*1080.
Actually 1366x768 is currently the most popular screen resolution.

first link google vomited at me.

Originally Posted By: Little Fyora
That's only for widescreen 16:9 monitors, I think.
It is, but 16:9 displays are by far the most common displays currently produced.

not even full HD resolution, although full HD reso monitors and laptops cost quite much if have good panel so .........

It's a fully HD capable widescreen resolution... Just ask the laptop.

Originally Posted By: Grail Shadowblade
not even full HD resolution, although full HD reso monitors and laptops cost quite much if have good panel so .........

It's a fully HD capable widescreen resolution... Just ask the laptop.
That's because 720p is considered HD. What Earth Empires means is that it is not 1080p.