New spells, Avernum 1

I'm awesome... I spent a few thousand gold... teaching that crap to Jay.

On another note, I'm getting fairly high in level, but it's not going past level 2 of all of my healing spells. Is it a specific spell vendor that's got those spells? I figured Formello would have them. In particular, level 3 of curing.

Originally Posted By: Tango
I'm awesome... I spent a few thousand gold... teaching that crap to Jay.

On another note, I'm getting fairly high in level, but it's not going past level 2 of all of my healing spells. Is it a specific spell vendor that's got those spells? I figured Formello would have them. In particular, level 3 of curing.

Level 3 spells are a secret, usually they're on a spellbook in a dungeon somewhere. You can't train them- you have to find them.

Level three spells can be hidden in dungeons or towns, they can be quest rewards, or they can be acquired a few other ways. In A1 I believe each level 3 spell appears in only one location. The good news is that they're not all reserved for the late game. If you keep your eyes open and bash into enough walls you can start finding them in the very first dungeons.

—Alorael, who recommends having enough Arcane Lore. Without it you often can't read the spellbooks that the spells are in.

Originally Posted By: Terpsichorean Fireflaught
Level three spells can be hidden in dungeons or towns, they can be quest rewards, or they can be acquired a few other ways. In A1 I believe each level 3 spell appears in only one location. The good news is that they're not all reserved for the late game. If you keep your eyes open and bash into enough walls you can start finding them in the very first dungeons.

—Alorael, who recommends having enough Arcane Lore. Without it you often can't read the spellbooks that the spells are in.

I believe Smite L3 is in Fort Avernum itself, actually.