Treasure in Giant's Caves (E3)

goblin5767

hey, I am playing through Exile III for like the 5th time, and I just now found these treasure chests that I can't reach. They are in the lower caves of the giants, when you take the stairs to the Subterranean Lake (59,6). Anyone have any idea how you reach them? There are like 4 of them, just north of the treasure room with the map in it...

edit: and i tried searching everywhere for an answer already

Been there, done that. Perfectly understandable.

By the way, I found out how to get to that island. In the Caves of the Giants, there's a staircase in the northeast corner; it's on the other side of the river of lava, so you'll need Firewalk to avoid damage.

However, there's no boat from the island, but a puzzle you need to solve. I'm currently working on solving it.

Edit: Solved it. (spoiler) Apparently, you can walk diagonally on certain spaces of water to reach the edge of the chamber, which creates a new space of land. Start by going northwest for the first space, then start southwest from that new space to create a second space; then cross from the second new space to reach the chests--as long as you have Dispel Barrier.