• Announcements

• That Which Mourns Soundly

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Almighty Doer of Stuff

"Hugemassive", "Bob", and Spidweb

9 posts in this topic

EDIT: (was remembering things that probably didn't happen again, regarding thinking I had seen some terminology I'd seen in this community elsewhere when I probably didn't, whoops...)

Edited by The Almighty Doer of Stuff

Fair warning: exercise caution when Googling "hugemassive" or you might find objectionable material.

—Alorael, who has never been particularly enmeshed in the Blades community. He knows Bob is a local term, but he's never come across hugemassive at all. And he also can't find it in other places. Is it much of a jargon term at all?

I don't know, come to think of it. I can't think of a specific instance. There is a good chance that it was a memory formed out of nothing. That's part of my illness, my memory doing screwy things, putting memories together in incorrect ways and such. It's also part of why I didn't repost this myself after it was moved to the mod board, even though you allowed me to... >_>

I have come across the term 'hugemassive' before, but only colloquially, and only to mean, well, huge massive - and never in reference to Spiderweb.

'Bob', meanwhile, is something I only associate with the SW/Blades community, and I've never heard of it outside of here.

I can't get Google to back me up on this, but I recall HUGEMASSIVE starting out on Shadow Vale. Someone (pretty sure TGM, but not certain) implored Ephesos to create a HUGEMASSIVE scenario (the all caps is important), and it went off from there. At one point Smoo (again, pretty sure but not certain), through an act of subterfuge, recovered a file titled 'hugemass.bas' from Eph's computer and revealed its shocking contents to the world. dbot points to anyone who can find evidence of these events.

I first came across Bob in this article by the Creator, though it's possible the term was in use before then. I've never ever seen it used outside this community.

Fair warning: exercise caution when Googling "hugemassive" or you might find objectionable material.

7Zzw3yF.jpg

Owenmoz likes this

dbot points to anyone who can find evidence of these events.

oh boy does this mean it's time for a dbot forum bot?

I can't get Google to back me up on this, but I recall HUGEMASSIVE starting out on Shadow Vale. Someone (pretty sure TGM, but not certain) implored Ephesos to create a HUGEMASSIVE scenario (the all caps is important), and it went off from there. At one point Smoo (again, pretty sure but not certain), through an act of subterfuge, recovered a file titled 'hugemass.bas' from Eph's computer and revealed its shocking contents to the world. dbot points to anyone who can find evidence of these events.

I first came across Bob in this article by the Creator, though it's possible the term was in use before then. I've never ever seen it used outside this community.

I remember using that phrase, yeah.