• Announcements

• Internal Locus

Logging in   05/10/2017

If you had an account and can't log in as of 5/9/17, this may be because of a change in logins with new forum software. You can log in using your publicly displayed name (not your username) or your email address and the password you used before.   If you have problems with this, please ask any of the mods or admins. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chessrook44

Let's Play Avadon 2!

104 posts in this topic

My Let's Play of Avadon 1 is done, and Avadon 3 is on the way... so now I begin my Let's Play of Avadon 2! Join me as I... well... I have no idea what is going to happen in this one. So let's learn and find out! And if you want to see my previous LP, you can find it here

Wow, better hurry up and finish the last few eps of Ava 1.

Well the excitement has calmed down, and now we've reached the keep. Time to go inside and investigate everything within.

The commander of Rockridge Keep is... a bit of an interesting person...

We take a quick trip to the north to deal with a bit of a wretch problem.

I must say, there's a surprising amount of cinematic-like scenes in this game.

We take a small detour off the main path as we find and deal with a few bandits we were told about.

We've almost reached the pylon back to Avadon... but something is in the way.

Finally we arrive in the fortress of Avadon itself, to report in to its mighty Keeper Redbeard.

Avadon is large, so it'll take a few more episodes to go through everything.... so we do some more of that here.

More of Avadon, as we find and talk to all the companions we will have in our team!

Some further exploration of Avadon, as we investigate the Guest Quarters and peek in the dungeons.

Into the dungeons we go, as we try to find people willing to help defend the fortress.

A short episode here, as we do the last of what's located within Avadon.

Well now! Here's something we haven't been able to do since Avernum 3. How very nice!

Avadon 2 is harder than Avadon 1, at least that's what I remember. I wish you good luck!

Hehe, I quite enjoyed the discrete cough when Yannick was talking about ancient secrets...

The only reason Avadon 2 is harder is evasion from attacks got halved. However the Tinkermage class made up for it.

The only reason Avadon 2 is harder is evasion from attacks got halved. However the Tinkermage class made up for it.

In how interesting it works, yes. In actual personal combat ability maybe not. At least in how I've experienced it... you'll see as my backlogs catch up.

Some exploration out in unrelated regions, where we find hidden rebels!

Further exploration in the Blackwood, where we find at least one VERY interesting thing...

Not much progress here, as we do a bit of running around to look at things. Yeah, not the best episode...

We finish exploring the region around the rebel base... and then go back over the region with a fine-toothed-lockpick.

Into the Rebel Base we go at last! And of course, it's filled with traps.

Back to Avadon we go to report in... and it seems our companions have some things to say as well.

Finally we enter the dreaded Corruption... and it is not as pleasant as they have said.

A two-part episode here, as we go into Monitor Base C to talk with everyone within about what is going on here.

A short episode this time, as we head into other parts of Monitor Base C to reclaim it.

Out into the Corruption we go, to explore and... um... well that's interesting...

We continue to explore the Corruption, mainly around the border between it and non-corrupted lands.

We go into the scout camp on the Corruption's border, and find a few survivors... barely...

Man, we're not even that deep in the corruption and yet things are getting REALLY weird now... also, very long episode today.

About the Tower of Trials in Avadon: I also played a blademaster and had tremendous difficulty with this. I could only finish it after I had found a wand or something, that summoned help.

About the Tower of Trials in Avadon: I also played a blademaster and had tremendous difficulty with this. I could only finish it after I had found a wand or something, that summoned help.

That likely will help immensely, once I actually find one.

Finally we enter Monitor Base D, and inside we find... well... why spoil that here?

I gotta admit, this is one of the most interesting fights I've seen in a Spiderweb Software game.

Back to Avadon we go, to report in on what we've found and speak with our companions and others.

Another try of the testing chamber, followed by a quick trip for our first companion quest!

Back into the Kva we go, to deal with a few things we couldn't before...

Finally we learn of just what we are to do out here, but first, a few side quests need dealing with...

Now that we've finally reached the Ogre hideout, it's time to go in and kill them all...

Deeper into the Ogre Base we go, to find the shaman running this whole operation.

With paths open in the cactus maze, let's go and clear it of everything within.

Back to Avadon we go, and we have a fair bit of stuff to do now once we go back to the fortress.

We move up into a tower to clear out some malfunctioning turrets, and then... we try tackling that goddam trial again.

More of what we dealt with in the previous episode, followed by us following up on a few things in other areas of Avadon.

Down into the Avadon Dungeons we go... the deeper holding cells, where everything has gone wrong. Again.

A two-parter this episode, as we return to the Contested Lands to help Dedrick in his personal quest.