A warrior's fortune

Acky

Well, in the annoying wait for Geneforge 5 to come out for PC, I'm stuck playing the previous four because, well, geneforge is the only computer game on my mind right now. So instead of doing the same, old things, I think I will try to innovate a little. So I can up with this strategy a while a go and thought I might share it: A Melee/Missle expert with creation supports. I chose the Warrior because in this case its suprior to the Servile and the Shock Trooper(I hope.) Here is how it will generaly go.

At first, I will concentrait on increasing my weapons skills, general skills, and main skills. Magic and Shaping will be neglated for a while. My shaping skills will evntually each get to three, then I'll use the Shapmaster Boots to get the higher level creations. As for magic, a point or two for blessing but otherwise I'll increase spellcraft threw various means through out the game. Aside from that, nearly all weapons will be used except for javelins. Crystals and Batons for ranged attack and swords will be the defualt attack. Rods as well, when I get access too them.Here we go:

My character's name is Athrath. He comes from an isolated island province were he grew up learning to farm with his family. When the war came, he joined the rebals for a chance to do somthing greater with his life. After seeing what the Rebal's have become, however, he is not so sure that he will stay with them, though he dosen't like the shapers at all. I'm not sure which side I'll go for, so I'll side with both of them for as long as I can. The game will be played on torment

I made a pair of fyora's right off the bat. I also took Greenfang. I finished everything I could in the Citadel untill I could leave. I ended up around level 5, just barely reaching level 6. Took out splinterfang, killed Tyco. Actually that fight was almost lost. I got surounded by worms and thahds and getting pepered by fyora's. I was almost near death 'till I had a stroke of genious. I just figured out a way to squeeze off 3 attacks for 8 AP. I used two ice crystals, then swiched to by Baton with one AP left. I took out three enemies in one turn. My fyora's took out the worms, so that nine creation hoard just got cut down all the pegs. I think I'll be useing that trick for a while.

A managed to get all of the rebals at sinkhole bridge to saftey and took down that Alpha at level 7. So far I'm a decent singleton, which I like. Took out one of the Alpha's partroling the shore at Chickweak. Detonated the mines also. I've got about 1800 gold so far, so I hope to buy a level in spellcraft from Burke before it's too late. Convinced Thell to treat his serviles nice and managed to kill Yvies after I got the deathcap mushrooms. Right now I'm in Southforge getting ready for round two.