Trainers? Script Edits? Bah.

Eldibs

I assume that since trainers and script edits are okay, that Saved Game Editors are too (excluding games which Jeff sells a saved game editor for, of course).

That being said, for the Windows users among us, I present... The Geneforge 4 Character Editor. Right-click and 'Save As,' use Winrar to unrar it, load up your saved game, and edit away. You'll need the .Net framework if you don't have it already.

You can edit your statistics (though unfortunately not your health/essence/level/experience/skill points), your skill levels (spells/creations), and the items in your backpack (though not your equipped items or Quick Slot items). Make sure that when you load your saved game into the program, you open the file named 'data' and NOT 'header' or 'items.' Read the included readme.txt file before using.

Not as multi-platform as a script edit (and certainly not as pretty), but more effective at making precise character edits. Also, feel free to report any bugs you find, and I'll do my best to squish them.