There's indeed a FAQ/Walkthrough for every Geneforge game, but is there somewhere where we might find the complete world map in a picture with all the areas on it, without going into the game and finishing it all? I'd like to see if I've explored every area of the Geneforge 3 and 4, but I've yet to find a real map even after all my searches through google and gaming sites such as Gamefaqs.

~DRoD

Edit: Nevermind about the Geneforge 3 map, I finally found one on the G3 forum. G4 one remains unfound though.

Well, there's a full map of Sucia Island here... not sure about the other games in the series. In my opinion, it spoils the game a little, particularly if you haven't played the game previously, though I admit I have used the map above at my lazier moments when going though G1.

EDIT: Ah, rereading your message, now I see with greater clarity that to which you're referring, most specifically the reasoning for the maps . . . yes . . . and still: no; don't know of anything on the G4 maps, although I've assumed that if you play the thing all the way through and pay full attention then you won't be missing any areas without being aware of it... maybe that's just me.