Old Mac Version[G5]

I wouldn't count on it. Jeff is always watching his bottom line, and old systems may have gotten a bit too old to be worth the compatibility effort.

Then again, really requiring OS 10.3 rules out some fairly recent machines barring system upgrades. Maybe the new graphics upgrades just don't work on older systems? What could he possibly be using that won't work on early versions of OS X but will run in Windows 2000?

—Alorael, who concludes that your only solution is to ask Jeff himself. He's probably swamped with email now, but you'll get your answer eventually.

Blame Apple.

They have made it prohibitively difficult to develop for older systems. The newest versions of their development tools do not support OS X 10.2 and earlier. No, really.

Apple has been merciless over the last few years about declaring huge swaths of the operating system obsolete. I won't bore you with the details (like the upcoming elimination of Carbon), but you'll have to trust me on this one.

I wish I could support older machines, but I'm just trying to keep up.

- Jeff Vogel