Pit Crawler quest -- help

Pit Crawler quest

Lark is a mage in New Harston. He gives the "Pit Crawler" quest, to hunt down a bizarre scuttler creature in the Drakes Pillar region. He wants its brains. Haskell, a potion seller in Exodus, then directs you to "abandoned mines not far to the West" (of Exodus).

I received this quest long after I had cleared Drakes Pillars of everything that I can find except for Mr. Gelmax.

My assumption is that a long time ago I killed this scuttler.

Can someone help me if their intuition is that I am wrong, or, provide me with a SDF repair if the quest will now remain endless (provided I did kill the creature a long time ago, which I am assuming I did.)

Thanks!

Are you sure you didn't overlook an area?

Going down that one guy's mine (this is the mine you have to go through to defeat Lysstak), there is an area with the pools that same guy might have told you about. There are/were several lava bats and in that area is where the pit crawler is.

Edit - It is not a scuttler.

Edit2 - If it turns out that you did kill it before you got the brain, it is "sdf 172 1 5" minus the quotes. However, you need special item 39.

You will not encounter the monsters for Lark's quests unless you have the quest active (and in some cases, ask the right person how to find it). As Iffy said, you'll find the pit crawler in the same zone as the three magical pools. It's located in the northeastern corner, in the center of a spiral. Be ready for a long fight.

Dikiyoba.