Messed up Spy Quest

Euphoria

Well, seems I messed up the 2nd half of the Spy quest by hitting the 3 tunnels claim before talking to Kolata. Again, penalized for exploring a bit too much. Anyone know how I can reset the flag on this one?

I've reloaded too many times to correct these kind of issues already, and I'm not even that far into the game. It really sucks that things get messed up so easily. I'd really like to play the game without constantly worrying that I am messing up the "order" of quests. This sort of thing should certainly be addressed in an update.

Euphoria, for what it's worth, the rewards for the spy quest aren't all that major. You can progress just fine without completing it.

Azuma, congrats. You're being warned for repeated topic derailment, and for making very unhelpful replies to people who actually have problems.

And in unrelated news, please stop using so many unnecessary emoticons.

There are a few too many flags for me to mess with, so here is a different workaround, if you are so inclined. Go to the Scripts folder in the Data folder and the file z72Tharkindlg. Save a backup copy somewhere. Then search for begintalknode 103 and change this:

Code:
	code = 		set_flag(35,12,2);		toggle_quest(51,3);	break;
to this:

Code:
code = 		set_flag(35,12,2);		toggle_quest(51,3);		award_party_xp(200,14);		reward_give(7);		reward_give(7);		reward_give(7);		reward_give(243);	break;
After you kill Lysstak, you'll have to talk to Pefko again to complete the spy quest. What this should do is give you the reward for the second ambush when you do so.

And, of course, after you've done that, change switch the backup copy in for the edited one so it'll be correct the next time you play.

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Typo.

Dikiyoba thank you for your helpful reply. I will try this out and see if it works. As you correctly keyed into, I am mainly interested in clearing the quest, and not hung up on the reward end of things.

EDIT: Just applied the solution provided, and everything seems to have worked flawlessly. Huge Thank You out to Dikiyoba for saving me several hours. I am the OCD type of player where if even a little thing gets left undone, or comes out sloppy (like a hung quest) I have to go back and replay it. You saved me an afternoon. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:
You're being warned for repeated topic derailment, and for making very unhelpful replies to people who actually have problems.
So quick to anger, oh great and terrible mod? Ever think Azuma may have a meaningful point? If the OP had read this topic he wouldn't be having so many of these problems.