Battle Speed

Swivelable

BS is obviosly better than QA, as the Quicksilver Bulwark is 5x the value of the Assasins's Shield even though its's 1 BS compared to 2 QA.

But when I tried them both, there was no change in action points and the wearer moved from acting first to acting second.

There is no description of Battle Speed in the adventurer's stats, but it seems at first glance that twice as much Quick Action is better.

What's the lowdown on BS; why is it 10x the value and much harder to get than QA?

To bad that Speed is not a attribute, like so many others, that gives/does exactly what one would assume. Speed stat 5 would mean 5 action points in combat, 6 gives 6, 7 gives 7, etc. This stat would be trainable like any other. Might make things more interesting. How many skill points would you spend for 1 more action point in combat?

Shields weigh the same so even if I were encumbered it would not matter with the comparison.

Assassin''s Shield +2 QA AP=9 to 11 acts first

Quicksilver Bulwark +1 BS AP=10 to12 acts second

No Shield +0 QA AP=9 to 11 acts second

oh gads, this is getting more complicated. Luck (5) may be futzin with the AP as those numbers deviate 1 or 2 points. Lower numbers happen more often. (That's why it looked like there was no change in my original question.)

So +1 BS gives me +1 AP,

and QA gives no AP, but gives better position in the order of events.

I'm not sure where number of attacks fits into this.

Which means if you were able to train AP it would cost over 4k a point. But I'm just a poor empire soldier trying to figure out stats and really have no idea what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally written by swivelable:
oh gads, this is getting more complicated. Luck (5) may be futzin with the AP as those numbers deviate 1 or 2 points. Lower numbers happen more often.
The Fast on Feet trait and the Quick Strike (not Quick Action) skill both give you a chance to get bonus AP as well, so that's why your AP is varying each round.

You need at least 10 AP to get 2 attacks in a round and 19 AP to get 3 attacks: the latter is achievable with a combination of AP-boosting items, Haste, Battle Rage and Quick Strike.

Quote:
Originally written by Disappearer:
I think it's possible to get 27 AP and hence 4 attacks if you use Adrenaline Rush, though there's little if any reason to ever do so.
It is. With the right combination of traits, skills and equipment, I believe it's possible to get 30 AP or more with Adrenaline Rush. (Having Battle Rage and Adrenaline Rush active at the same time isn't exactly an easy task, either: you need either an external source of battle rage or a lot of fatigue reduction.)