Possible to "redistribute SPs" in the editor?

DarkTreader

The editor allows me to edit any and all skills with impunity. Are there any options, in the middle of a game, to just redistribute points? I ask because I think I've not done well with my point distribution in my first go round so I want to experiment. I have lots of saved games from my first go through, so it would be interesting to experiment at different saves, then come up with a party mix I'd like and start my next run with that mix.

I also noticed that a lot of the A5 strategy guides assume A4 knowledge. I played A4, but only once, as I found the plot less engaging than A1-3. So I started playing A5 like A3 in terms of character build, but I see now, secondary skills are playing a much more important role than before, so I want to see how they work by experimenting. A5 normal is definitely a little harder than A4 normal wink

I've also been unable to find a thread on how the inner mechanics of the game work (damage, to hit calculations, raw numbers and formulas, etc). Anyone have anything on that?

• 1 month later...

I would also want a method to "redistribute" my spell points.

I feel that this is a very useful thing especially for newer players. A newer player may invest too much in say quick action and find out later on that he is having trouble. Then the only options availaible to him would be to start over, or to use the character editor.

The first is exceedingly boring, the second just makes a party of supermen who suck all the enjoyment out of the game.

If it were possible to redistribute points, I assume it could be used to get past the "too high to train" limit when you find a trainer--reduce that skill to 0, train up with coins, then reapply the points to increase that skill above the training level.

I'm not suggesting this or not, lol.

I just noticed I accidentally started with 4 levels of quick action for my custom archer when I meant to give them to my pole user only. I know QA helps you act sooner in combat, but isn't dexterity a better investment for that with an archer? If that's true, being able to reduce levels would really come in handy right now. Is there any way to do that by editing a save file or something. I don't want to just add points using the editor and keep the Q.A. or, heaven forbid, start over AGAIN.

If you haven't noticed yet, I am decisionally challenged and cursed with perfectionism.