Avernum 4 & G4 Graphical problem

Randal

Hi. I adore the Avernum & Geneforge series, but now i have to changing my OS to windows 2000 to play. After installing (no error), the first time run i get a graphical problem, messing the imagem of my monitor... and i need to turn off the computer to use again.

My computer is a pentim 866, win2k, 240+ mb of ram, Nvidia Riva TnT2 (800x600)

1) When you installed Windows 2000, was it a fresh install (i.e. the hardrive was formatted prior to installing the OS)?

2) Have you re-installed the drivers for your graphics card?

3) Have you played any other games apart from A4 & Geneforge 4, if so, does this problem also occur?

1) When you installed Windows 2000, was it a fresh install (i.e. the hardrive was formatted prior to installing the OS)?

Yes!

2) Have you re-installed the drivers for your graphics card?

Yes...

3) Have you played any other games apart from A4 & Geneforge 4, if so, does this problem also occur?

I played Geneforge 1 to 3, Avernum 1 to 3 too. No problems. but avernum 4 and geneforge 4 i can't play or start the game.

4) If your display is 800x6500 and cannot go higher, you're out of luck. The Geneforge engine (which is used for A4) requires 1024x768.

Argh! >.< I need to change my monitor to play G4? ah... Ok, thanks.