Kyra's Refuge

Here is how I did it:

1. Make as many Thahds as you have space for.

2. Use Speed Spores, Bless group, etc.

3. Send one of your Thahds towards him, while the rest of your group stands back and hits him with ranged attacks.

4. Repeat step 3 until you run out of thahds.

5. Close in for the kill and hope that you can finish him this round.

Or you could simply come back later, when you are stronger.

Which character are you playing?

There are some good suggestions here by the posters -- particularly if you are an agent or shaper (sounds like you might be a shaper?).

I've tried two different ones. With my guardian had the oddest experience. First, Greta tried to kill me before even going in the basement (guardian had so-so pro-shaper views -- not good enough to get training with Vandarin and had killed no unnecessary people or serviles). I think that's the earliest dumping by Greta I've heard of on these boards.

Then downstairs with the ghosts... my word, I was shocked that my fyora, vlish and Alwan all fell under ghosts' spells. It was they who killed me every time. Didn't have spell energy/ability to counteract it. What to do? Wait until stronger, methinks.

Sometimes that's the best tactic.

My agent with Greta had a tough go of it, but my spells eventually overpowered them. The ghosts were worse than Krya for me.

Well if your creations are getting charmed or hit with fear don't forget the mental barrier spell. And alwan and greta leaving has nothing to do with what views you tell people you have, but certain specific actions will make them leave you at the docks area. On harmony alwan leaves if you help the rebels, and greta leaves if you killed lankan.

Walter, I posted this in another thread, so I'll try to be brief (so as not to spam!), but I discovered that Greta didn't dump me at all. I never boosted her intelligence beyond the initial two points. Ditto for the creations. I went back to guardian game and fetched Greta back with no problem.

I play agent so much better. :-/