Change Terrain Appearance

I've been combing the docs and searching threads, here, but I don't know how to trigger a terrain to appear.

I'm working on having an appearing vahnatai cabinet. I just have no idea what to put in a terrain script that could make it suddenly appear.

I apologize that this is all very general complaining. I'm still getting the hang of terrain scripting. I've already figured out how to get a chest to give a special item, but the icon change here is giving me a headache.

Any ideas are welcome. I need to make this cabinet appear, and be able to be searched. From there, I think that I can manage things.

Just might. I just looked up that call in the appendices. I'll have to try it. Should make things a lot shorter than making some kind of terrain script, if I can call it from, say, some state of the town script...

I'll get back to you on it, but if past experience shows anything, your suggestion will fix it.

EDIT: Okay, got the cabinet to appear. Do I now need to construct a small terrain script in order to search it? I intend to put a dialog choice here, not real items, so I can't use the put_item command (never mind that it wouldn't put things *inside* the cabinet). If I need to put together a terrain script, I can do it, but I need to know one additional thing. Where to do I put the condition that makes the space searchable after I make the cabinet appear? In the SEARCH_STATE, or somewhere else?