NPCS joining party, not working for me.

This the script to join the party

Code:
begintalknode 30;state = 16;nextstate = -1;question = "I have decieded to have you along with us.";text1 = "_Great! Well, where are we off to, whats next?_";text2 = "_Your already loaded. Bye.";code =	if (add_char_to_party(42) == FALSE) {		remove_string(1);		} else {			remove_string(2);			set_flag(75,2,1);break;  
And yes, I did set in the town script to enable_add_chars(1)

But all that happens is the NPC walks blindly around not following me party. Whats wrong?

Specifically, "A character who joins the party must have its own script. When in combat mode, they will act according to its script. When do_attack is called, the character will look for targets and attack them. It will not, however, move too far from the party when hunting targets."

Hrm. I don't like this. I'm not sure why, but it sounds bad.

You may be able to get away with putting in "basicnpc" instead of leaving the character's script blank. I haven't tried it, but BoA might only object if you leave the char's script as Default.

EDIT: btw, GIFTS, you're using the wrong "your." It should be "you're," as in "you are."

Quote:
Originally written by GIFTSare2d2:
And Just call me Kell, please dont grammer check dialouge. I do all that later once the scripting is soild and done.
Then I would suggest replacing the text, when you post here on the boards, with something like "some dialog here". The common assumption on posting code for comments/questions is that it's "fair game" for constructive criticism of any sort.

Heck, I LOVE it when someone points out ANY mistake in my code, even if it's just spelling/grammar. That's one less gremlin I need to track down myself. laugh