Need help with dialogue.

Chaosfox

Well I have begun working on my scenario, for the most part its great, I have 2 towns and a cave so far, but when it comes to dialogue I have problems. I know it has to do with my incompetence though so I ask you for the answer. I have written out dialogue scripts already and did most everything else but whenever I play my scenario and I enter the town it always says, "ericdlg ERROR: bad header.." Do I have to change the name of the document or what.

Oh and instead of making a new topic for this, where in the world is the graphic for the boat, I looked through the selection tons of times but I can't find it.

I think the bad header error means that your script doesn't begin with begintalkscript, which every dialogue script needs.

Erm, you place boats using a call, if that's what you're asking. I forget the call name, but the Appendices will have it. The image itself is, well, in the graphics somewhere. Using ResEdit on a Mac or... something to open .bmp files, I think, on a PC, you can look through the graphics to find it, but I can't imagine why you'd want to.