Can't find Masok!

I'm finally trying to do the Black Halberd quest, and can't find Masok in Angel Rest. Angel Rest's been pretty much destroyed, and so I'm a little worried about what to do.

I also haven't checked, but I couldn't find the mage who sells the location of the Ring of Endless Magery. I've already checked in Krizsan and Delan, and he was nowhere to be found.

Any suggestions?

Masok is definitely a named elite soldier in the Angel's Rest Inn. I remember having similar problems in an early run through Avernum 3, but that was quite some time ago.

I checked various towns in the nearby region, but cannot remember if I actually found him. In a similar instance, I found out that a bug (The one where manually exiting dialogue with Sick Boy before paying him counted as having been rude to him. I had 10 coins at the time.) precluded me from getting the Fury Crossbow. After waiting ages to start fetching the Black Halberd (day 102), I was unable to find Masok. I quit Avernum 3 in frustation.

Take this a warning: get the artifact locations as early as possible - even if it requires delaying purchasing a spell or a big shiny sword.