A3-Looking for Carrie to return papers

Tower of the Magi

I found the lab notes that Carrie wanted in the monster room (I had to kill them to find the notes), and when I went back to the room in which Carrie teaches (the one with the pentagram) she wasn't there. I've been wandering around the Tower of Magi looking for her, but no luck.

Is there another place she could be 'hiding'?

Whoah... you started over?! That's a bit extreme... she probably would've been back in the same room if you'd followed Maroonmark's advice.

And it's not a bug, it's just the fact that characters tend to leave the room if you leave the door open, and only then. For some reason, they can't work doorknobs unless they're chasing after you to kill you.

Closing the door doesn't help, because once she's wandering around, she's not all that likely to randomly return, and closing the door makes it that much less likely. Leaving the Tower and returning causes all doors to close and all wandering people to return to their original locations.

—Alorael, who would guess that Carrie was probably locatable with enough work, too. Start in the room she started in and start looking around and you'll probably find her eventually.