magic item attribute bonuses

Hi,

I have several equiped items (charms, rings, etc.) that say they give "luck +5", etc. Yet when I look at the luck attribute, it doesn't reflect the +5 bonus. The traits that luck should factor into (i.e. resist elements, etc.) are also not updated on the screen.

Do these items work? Are their effects just not listed on the character sheet?

thanks, jeff

A1 and A2 don't even make the exact bonus from the item clear. A3 tells you what the bonus is when you look at the item, but skill bonuses don't show up on character information. Reistances do.

—Alorael, who prefers A3 for that. He'd rather see only a character's inherent skills when looking at character information. He can figure out what to add in his head and still know what to train in.

I should have mentioned that I'm talking about A3.

So I gather that they work but are just not listed on the character sheet?

I haven't looked at BoA, but one way to display the bonuses could be to have something like "14 (9 + 5)" meaning 9 base + 5 bonus and have some way to click on the bonus to display how the bonus is arrived at (i.e. "+3 ring of xxx, +2 charm of xxx).

Just a thought and thanks for the replies.

It wasn't helpful to me at all. Distinguishing between equipment bonus and character skill would be useful, but Nethergate didn't do that either. I'm not even sure that any Nethergate equipment gives skill bonuses per se.

—Alorael, who could tell that the game in question was A3 by the description. Only A3 (and BoA, but it has its own forum) says "luck +5" rather than something less specific about increasing luck.