What won't run on a M2 Macbook Pro and MacOS Ventura?

PhysWiz

I am running several Spiderweb games on my old MacBook Pro 2017 with MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 (still 32 bit) and everything works fine . These were downloaded from the Spiderweb website.  I am considering getting a new Macbook Pro running MacOS Ventura 13.   Are there any Spiderweb games, especially Avernum 1-6, Avadon or Geneforge, that won’t run on this? I mean the new ones the remakes, not the older ones.

10 hours ago, PhysWiz said:

Are there any Spiderweb games, especially Avernum 1-6, Avadon or Geneforge, that won’t run on this? I mean the new ones the remakes, not the older ones.

It'll run the most recent remakes of Avernum 1-3, Avadon 1-3, Queen's Wish 1 and 2, and Geneforge 1: Mutagen.

Spiderweb games where there's no version of the game that it will be able to run are: Avernum 4-6, Blades of Avernum, Geneforge 2-5, and Nethergate. These are all 32-bit, and won't be updated to run on a 64-bit engine.

Spiderweb is currently working through remaking the Geneforge games, though it'll be some time before they're all done (as in, several years); and I believe the plan is to eventually remake Avernum 4-6 as well- and perhaps Nethergate. Eventually there should be versions of every Spiderweb game, except Blades of Avernum and possibly Nethergate, that will run on post-Mojave versions of MacOS, but it will be some time before that's the case.

There may or may not be hacky ways to get these games working on newer versions of MacOS (via eg emulators). I can't speak to that.

Edited by googoogjoob