Empire territory in A2

Aaah, I remember trying to fight my way through the empire barricades. The fight gradually get tougher, and soon they gave me loads of xp. Imagine my surprise when I got the "You were overrun by the whole empire army bla bla" message. Hell, my party at the end of A2 could probably take on their whole empire and come out mostly in one piece, if you threw them a dozen invulnerbility potions or so.

Yes, after playing A1, I finally realized how annoying it was to not be able to get into the Abyss. A few missions inside Empire-controlled Bargha and Spire would've done wonders for the game.

Heck, you could've ended up retaking the Spire Fort or Fort Saffron (whose inclusion in A4 puzzled me until I remembered A1).

Quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:
That's not very realistic, even if it is true.

Dikiyoba wishes Dikiyoba could sneak into Bargha (sp?) and cause all sorts of havoc, regardless of the danger.
Yep. I remember coming back just before I kicked Garzahds ass and taking on the biggest attack party they had, slaughtering it in three rounds. My two wizards deepfried them... laugh

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally written by Mikami Aufeya:
Quote:
Originally written by :Slash::
Hell, my party at the end of A2 could probably take on their whole empire and come out mostly in one piece, if you threw them a dozen invulnerbility potions or so.
An Avernum mod of a Dynasty Warriors game would rock.
Speaking of mainstream video games and Spiderweb, if Jeff Vogel could write and design an Elder Scrolls engine Exile/Avernum game I would be in freaking heaven! That's my biggest video game fantasy; The Elder Scrolls immersion with Jeff Vogels awesome storytelling.