Summon creature exploit

To me, an exploit is taking advantage of a quirk in the engine to do something that shouldn't be possible. For example, your casters can target any mapped space with a circular AoE spell, even if it's not line-of-sight. Even if it's out of range, as long as you can't see a creature on it.

Using pets to whittle down enemy health seems like something working the way it's supposed to.

To me, an exploit is taking advantage of a quirk in the engine to do something that shouldn't be possible. For example, your casters can target any mapped space with a circular AoE spell, even if it's not line-of-sight. Even if it's out of range, as long as you can't see a creature on it.

Really? I thought that the center space (that you target) of the AoE has to be line of sight from the caster - the other squares in the AoE don't, but that doesn't seem too unrealistic if you view the AoE like something that explodes from the central/targetted square.

To me, an exploit is taking advantage of a quirk in the engine to do something that shouldn't be possible.

It's a blurry line. For example, you can leave some hard areas to recharge halfway through them. While it is not against the game mechanics, it does feel a bit off, as it exploits the static nature of the gameworld. Of course, this particular example activity is very much done on torment due to obvious reasons.

Using pets to whittle down enemy health seems like something working the way it's supposed to.

From what Zummi posted, I understand the pets whttile down enemy health without being hit themselves. Which sounds like a glitch and thus an exploit. Unless I read it wrong.

From what Zummi posted, I understand the pets whttile down enemy health without being hit themselves. Which sounds like a glitch and thus an exploit. Unless I read it wrong.

No, you got it correct. First time I encountered this was in Silvar, in the quest to clear it's sewers from worms and whatever's spawning them. The nephil boss was too much for a level 4 singleton in Torment. I did this, hopefully wittling down the boss' HP a bit but wasn't expecting him to get down to half health.

Now I'm really confused ... I've had summons killed by enemies, so clearly they must get hit. Are you saying they don't get hit if you hide and can't see them?? If so, that certainly is an exploit!!

Yes It happens, I believe it happened in A6 as well, however it doesn't seem to be a very reliable method.