A:EftP - I completed TWO of the victory quests! *Spoilers*

Finally, at long last, I have *technically* completed Avernum: Escape From The Pit for the first time! I reached the glorious surface, but my work is not yet done! My party of unlikely heroes, each with the uncanny ability to make a min-maxer cry, will not abandon their new-found companions to the wrath of Grah-Hoth, nor will I allow the cruel Emperor Hawthorne to continue his reign of terror!

It wasn't a singleton run, and I'm not yet done, but it WAS on torment, and I DID use a rather ill-advised party, so I'm feeling quite happy at the moment smile

*EDIT: And now I've managed to vanquish Emperor Hawthorne! It was a bit anticlimactic, but not unexpected, he died in one hit from my paladin's divine retribution spell. I managed to raid Hawthorne's Room on the way over and got that archer cloak (not much use for it, but the invulnerability potion was quite a lifesaver).

I have to say, the rewards were rather disappointing: neither of the items he dropped were better than stuff I already had, and Arcane Blow level 3 is a bit of a let-down: Daze and damage do not go well together, and daze gets resisted rather often at this point I was hoping for weakness curse, really.

So now I just have to deal with Grah-Hoth, and my party can enter the hall of heroes (Meaning I'll post their stats)!

Originally Posted By: The Rev
Nicely done! It's good to hear that torment is beatable without a completely min-maxed party.

That was the key reason why I stuck with that party and never caved in to the annoying parts; It can be a bit annoying, but it's totally possible, and without relying entirely on cowardly hit-and-run tactics smile

That gives me hope for my current "Anama" playthrough.

I'd love to hear how that's going, are you writing about your progress somewhere?

The escape quest is certainly the most "annoying" of the three endgame quests, IMHO, due to the forced darkness in the final room before the exit.

Oh yeah, I HATE those FoW segments, I totally agree with you there smile

Originally Posted By: RaustBlackDragon
I'd love to hear how that's going, are you writing about your progress somewhere?

I posted an early update last week on the thread I started about the playthrough:

http://www.spiderwebforums.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/280070/Playthrough_as_sent_down_Anama

I plan to post another update, including current stats, once I reach level 10. That should be fairly soon, since my characters are currently all almost to level 8. So far things are going fine - not missing mage spells that much, yet...