First off I should note that I am using the iPad version. Not sure if that makes a difference.

On occasion, when you use the portal to travel to Formello, you teleport outside the "walls" of the area that you can normally walk around. I've been able to explore the blank ground where I shouldn't be walking, as a result. It's a harmless glitch, as there are a number of trap doors in this "forbidden" area that will take you to the middle of the street on the ground level of Formello.

Additionally, and I am not sure if this one qualifies as a glitch, but I notice something unusual with the "Icy Rain" spell. When choosing the area to cast the spell in, if one selects a space not occupied by an enemy as the "centre" of the spell's area, there is no range restriction of any kind, as long as someone in the party can see the targeted space. However, if the space selected IS occupied, the caster will attempt to move in order to get a clear line of site to that spot, in the same way you would well casting firebolt or firing a bow. I feel that some part of this system is not working as intended.

The first issue's been reported by a couple of people before. As you say, it's mostly just a minor nuisance, and it seems to be pretty rare. The problem is most likely that there isn't quite enough room at the destination for the game to reliably place the party where they should be; the algorithm for placing party members when they enter an area is a little bit random and not quite 100% reliable.

The second one is probably also a bug: all other spells have range limits, so area-effect spells should have one too.

I've gotten the first one several times, in different places. I've found the trap door, but at times I couldn't find anything and had to reload. Is there a trap door for all of the empty spaces? I've got the bug maybe like 10 times throughout the entire game. (ipad version)

I've had it happen on stairs and portals. Once, the bug threw me into a different room that I still didn't have the keys to get to. kinda cool, but I couldn't figure out what happened for a while.

I had the same thing happen but on my way to the Castle and there was no way in :-( I hadn't saved in 2 hours other than autosave and it autosaved while I was wandering around the grey map. Thankfully after a few minutes of searching online found the cheat code backtostart that whisked me back to Fort Avernum. Posting here just in case it happens to someone else :-)