Neray quest bug?

Sigismund

Hi all,

I'm trying to complete the Neray quest. I found her in Jhereth Deeps and engaged in a fight. But after two or three turns she suddenly does a *leap* and turns into a Shadowwalker, which I can then kill with about 2 hits. After killing the rest of the enemies in the area, there is no message, nothing. When I go to another area and the return to Jhereth Deeps, I find her again standing by the camfire and fleeing underground as if the part of the quest was somehow restarted. When I engage fight again, it ends up the same.

Is that a bug or am I missing something?

Originally Posted By: Jerakeen
Meanwhile you might try letting her escape, without attacking her. She's supposed to get away, and maybe refraining from hitting her will stop the bug from being triggered this time, letting the quest progress to the next step.

You're thinking of when you meet her in the Goblin Warrens. He's talking about the later meeting.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it is possible to workaround the problem somewhat. I guess everyone will figure out, but anyway, in case anyone else bumps into the same problem (and you do not want to let Neray go), a simple way to finish the quest is to leave it be for a while and level up your characters a bit. Then return to Neray, haste your party and finish her within one or two rounds before she has time to use the buggy move. smile That way the quest can be completed succesfully.