Possible bug, Steam version[G5]

defen

I've played through the first area with a Guardian, and I've noticed that the incoming poison damage was absolutely brutal relative to all other sources. Out of all my resists, poison was at a measly 1% (likely from the sole point in luck). Is this intentional or should poison resistance gain half the armor score like the rest?

Actually, if what you're seeing is a bug, it's probably in the other direction. Guardians (and the other two shaper classes) have high innate resistances to most attack types, due to an oversight that occurred when converting them back into PC classes after Geneforge 4.

To answer your question, though, it's intended behaviour for armour to not protect you from poison damage. Getting poisoned can be very nasty early on, especially if you're outside of combat mode -- the best thing to do if you get poisoned by a trap or mine is enter combat mode immediately and cure it.