Hint Book

Size_ JM

I have never purchased one but I can't figure out why you would. Any major problem can be asked on the forums (with pretty rapid response) and the minor little things I find are more fun if you figure them out on your own. Rather then a book telling you things.

Actually, why would you buy a hint book?

A different opinion here. I've always bought the hint books. They save lotsa time if you're seriously frustrated.

Yeah, you can find the answers on the forum, but having the hint books means you don't have to exit the game and wait for somebody to help you--or take time to search the forum. I also use them for taking notes, and I tick off the minor quests so that I can find them all. Plus, I like to support Jeff's efforts. And they have good maps.

Having said that, I got the digital copy of the Avadon hint book, but I don't want to print it out because it's in color, and color ink is too expensive. (I have a Lexxmark printer that has black ink for less than $5.00, but the color cartridges are more like $50.00)

Anyway, that's why I buy hint books.

Originally Posted By: Californian
Having said that, I got the digital copy of the Avadon hint book, but I don't want to print it out because it's in color, and color ink is too expensive. (I have a Lexxmark printer that has black ink for less than $5.00, but the color cartridges are more like $50.00)

You should be able to, in your print menu, select an option to print in only B&W. I know that's on option on most older printers.

I can get draft or grayscale with copying, but printing doesn't give you any options.

I'll have to check on the website. There must be a FAQ.

But I'm betting that because they kept their B&W ink so cheap (which is why I bought the printer), they want to soak you on the color ink, so they don't give you the option.

Fantastic printer, other than that.

The ink is so cheap I'll put up with that little annoyance.