Rethinking the No-Save-in-Combat rule on iPad

Dominik

hi,

Apparently (from my registration date) this is not my first Spiderweb game (played the first exile) and I'm used to not being able to save in combat.

BUT on the iPad I'm often cursing this. Playing on the iPad is much more casual for me then playing on the desktop and I often find myself in situations that I need to suddenly stop playing suddenly and can't finish an epic battle but can't just quit because the fight was very sudden and my newest savegame was some time ago.

Thoughts on this?

Still misses the point.

Apart from that I haven't read up on the ratinal of not allowing to save during combat for a long time...

Funnily when Avadon crashes during combat it reloads to the previous move when I restart it right away...

Another possibility would be to have a combat autosave slot that gets saved each time a combat starts.

Pre-combat autosave would be a good idea. The problem with allowing saving in combat is that you can save-scum easily, reloading and retrying each turn until it comes out the way you want it.

—Alorael, who was under the impression that you can leave any app, Avadon included, running in the background while you do something else. Why do you need to quit in the middle of combat at all?

Because the iPad 1 is low on power and if I leave Avadon running in the background other stuff is going to be affected. I'm also not sure when the iOS will shut down the process, since it is still not a 100% multitasking. Only some processes are allowed to run, most are only allowed to finish a task.

And I'm not too keen on letting An unsaved game running in the background. Risks are it will be ended by the iOS anyway and I'm left with the last save game again -> my question of allowing saving in combat wink

Not to mention the other family members that run other stuff and games (which might ask, like Avadon, to terminate all other programs to allow smooth gameplay).

As for the save-scum, yes that's a possibility but... Isn't that basically the same with saving anyway? Only in larger steps of course. And reloading is not much fun on an ipad 1. It's got a load screen that takes a bit...