Adding already existent AI speech technology to future games?

Xazo-Tak

Somebody once showed me quite a clever AI system: It became more and more intelligent by speaking with other users online. As a result, it knows quite a lot.

What if this was tweaked a bit, so it looked lots of acted out scenarios in the game, where an actor was playing as whoever the player is talking to? In other words,

Player: Hi there!

Shopkeeper: Hi.

P: Will you give me the iron dagger for 10 coins?

S: Nope, it costs 20 coins.

P: Fine, I'll buy it.

*They trade*

P: Bye!

S: Bye.

Then various other acts are done, such as just chatting, robbery, flame wars, other type of flame war, town put in extreme danger, being absent from the shop to go to a bar, etc.

Eventually, the AI will know how the actor reacts to everything, such as if insulted, they may get angry, they learn how to value items, to run away if giants attack, and their reactions to personal attack/robbery.

With its collected knowledge, it is put into a game, not being controlled, since it's AI is fully developed. Might be diffucult to do, but is quite clearly possible.

Above mentioned AI: http://cleverbot.com/

Yes, I know cleverbot is crazy, but that's because it's use is unregulated, unlike what is suggested here.