Venvella's Hunt

Hanto

I've been working the forums for this issue for several days now and it appears I have no choice but to let others solve it for me.

I guess I did a no-no when I left Venvella in front of the Accursed Widow thicket as I was having no luck in defeating the spider and defending Venvella, however I made sure that Venvella had not opened the thicket and was thus safe from harm. However after leveling up and completing other quests I came back to the same thicket only to find that Venvella has disappeared completely and the thicket is still closed, meaning he is safe somewhere but not in his camp. I have tested other quests to see if they behave in this manner and so far I've been able to come back to them successfully indicating that I should be able to do the same in this case.

Assuming I cannot complete this quest in the normal fashion, I am wondering if there is a method to re-intiate the quest so that it can be completed else I will have a repeat of some of the problems I saw in AV-6.

I'm working on torment so ever quest completion is extremely important to me and I would really rather not have to use the editor created by TTM.

And yes, I have left the area, went back to Avadon, and then came back to this quest.

Thanks in advance.

The editor wouldn't help you with this, anyway, but this might (back up your save first because I'm not sure it will work):

1. Leave the Beraza Woods.

2. Press shift-d to bring up the cheat console.

3. Type in: sdf 15 25 0

4. Press enter or click the green button. A warning message should appear at the bottom of the screen.

5. Return to the Beraza Woods, and hopefully, Vinvella will be back at her campsite. You should be able to initiate the hunt again.

Good luck.

Thank you TTM, worked great and I finally completed the quest. Now it's off to see the Sorcerer's Ghost again, but I already know that I'm unlikely to be able to get past her for a while yet and I also know that the final battle in the Pit is yet to tough for me. I think I'm playing favorites with Shima and Jennel to much but I just like them more then the others, except possibly I might trade out Shima for Savlin, at least until I need a lockpicker again. Again, thanks for the help.