So is Unlock Charm passive?

lokiju

Sorry for all the questions today, which could have been in a single thread, but I keep finding new issues as I go along.

Anyways, the sorcerer spell Unlock Charm...is it passive? And if so, don't I then also need a shadowwalker for the extra lockpicks the spell/skill doesn't cover. I am using the Bladmaster right now, and just got to the SW part of the dungeon. There is a door with a body in the room, and the door says I need 2 more lockpicks. So, with an Unlock Charm skill at 3, I would still need a shadowwalker to open the thing?

The sorceress and shadowwalker's lockpicking skills are passive, identical in function, and don't stack, so you only need to raise it in one character. You can get the lockpicking skill to a maximum skill of 4 to open easy doors without lockpicks and minimize the lockpicks you need for more difficult doors.

Dikiyoba.

The skill is passive, whether it's the Sorceress or the Shadowwalker. The skills do NOT stack; the game just checks the highest skill level in the party and uses that. Train either the Sorceress or the Shadowwalker, not both.

How many picks you need will vary depending on the difficulty of the lock and the level of the skill.