Best preparation before going down the stairs in Castle Vebeaux...

Eljah

Hey!

On my second walkthrough I am about to start the endgame, climbing the stairs in Castle Vebeaux. I am a bit confused `cause I think I may have missed some good preparation which I did the first time.

What kind of prearrangement should I do before climbing those stairs of my fate?

... solving all other quests (e.g. "A dragon's tooth" or killing Beloch the Scourge)

... buy the four runed ores (from Arilda (?), in Dhorla Woods)

... get Hunter's Eye & Blade (from Liese, Beast's Wood), Unni's Boon (Shaman, Dhorl Stead) and other special items (look up "special items" in the journal)

... maybe retrain skills (at trainer Leala at the Berazza Woods)

Maybe you want to open the sealed runedoors with the runed Athame. I just remember such door(s) in Avadon Dungeon (1), Moritz Kris Tower (1), Oghrym Tor (1), Beraza Pits (1). Which one did I not mention?

Any other ideas to prepare best? Wasn't there another possibility of increasing any stats by training or more special items than listed above? I wonder why I have so much money left, remembering that I was short on money the first time. Maybe it's just because now I am playing on "torment" which grants more money because of more killed foes?

Well, if you have more ideas of preparing best for the endgame I would appreciate any other hint.

(btw: two quests do not vanish from questlog even though they are done: "Drake Skins" and "Calanthas Competition" - any idea?)

Make sure you get Ward of the Holklandan and Cunning of the Kellem from Incantatrix Questa in Castle Vebeaux, for extra protection from melee and mental attacks.

There's also a runed door in Redbeard's tower.

I don't think you get any more gold on torment.

Drake Skin is a collection quest, so it never goes away. The other should vanish after you tell Calantha. Did she give you the horseshoe? If so, and you still have the quest in your log, it's a bug.