Short demo?

RandomOG

Is it just me, or is the demo for Avadon considerably shorter than those for recent Avernum games? Does that mean the game itself is shorter than, say, Avernum 5 or 6.

Given the structure of the demo I didn't even get to try out all the NPCs. Who knew you would only get one trip outside of the castle and so should take both newest NPCs if you wanted to see how they played?

I do believe you are able to choose from any four of your NPCs teammates once you leave Avadon. There are three areas outside of the castle, but they also seem much larger than Avernum games. From my point of view, Avadon seemed very short compared to Avernum 6, but that is probably because of the way you have to return to Avadon to receive new quests.

You can go back to Avadon and change out who you took. The demo is definitely shorter though -- this is intentional, and Jeff has commented on this. And honestly, the demo is NOT the best part of the game, which is too bad. It gets better after that.

Originally Posted By: Geneforgeisformeyukkyu
There are three areas outside of the castle, but they also seem much larger than Avernum games.
They are larger visually, but there is the same amount of stuff in them, there is just a lot more open space.