Voicing an opinion.

nikki.

Responding to locked topics is frowned upon (and probably for a good reason), but I feel I have something to add to a recently locked topic. Something, I may add, which isn't voiced in an emotionally-charged manner.

SW is nothing without its members, and members who stick around are what makes this place so helpful and welcoming to new customers wishing to get the most from their game (or enticing potential customers). I think for that to work, there needs to be open discussion and input when it comes to revising rules, or chastising a member who has contributed greatly.

Something from the last thread kind of stuck a little, and, wary I'm getting a little carried away, I'll attempt a reasonable response (since the text I'm quoting was, I feel, largely in repsonse to something I posted).

Originally Posted By: *i
How you say things is sometimes more important than what you say.

Agreed. I'm probably doing myself no favours here, but if, as you say, you were only acting on a clarification of rules that had just been changed when chastising Synergy, a PM would probably have been more suited to this, since it was only Synergy who you felt was behaving outside of the new rules.

(I won't go into how I feel about rules being changed seemingly on a whim, because it's something that I, as a regular member, don't have much input into, and I feel that bashing my head against a wall won't help my argument any. I've managed to stay within the rules here for the most part, so they can't be all that terrible, but in the past there have been far fewer grey areas...)

That said, a new thread to highlight any changed rules would probably have been my next step, after PMing Synergy, even if it was just to let other members know where they stood - I know that as an older member, I don't always check the CoC for new changes, and I don't always read every topic on the boards, meaning I may miss clarifications such as this.

Point taken. From experience, no matter what route I've taken (I have done what you suggested in the past) it has always been the wrong choice. The CoC is a living document and not etched in stone. The rules did not change, but were rather clarified. In such cases, we do not punish members, but inform them, and everyone else, what the new standards are.

Let's take all further discussion offline.