Geneforge 2 unorganized walkthrough cost me befriending the takers

PLEASE HELP! I have been searching around for a key or a pass in ALL THE AREAS to get into the next area ( mountain base )

I have read most of the walk through and i STILL do not know how to enter mountain base from the north where there is a sliding door, I can not use living tools or an unlock spell or any of the keys i have captured since its a door that opens only when you stand next to it, yet it does not open for me or my creations and there is nothing to pull to open it. the walkthrough does not explain how i can enter it it goes straight into whats in the area?!

I am still stuck trying to go through mountain base but the walkthrough is SOOOO complicated and unorganized you find early areas almost in the middle and last areas in some other random place the areas should be organized through out the adventure or at least in an alphabetical order!

in some areas it explains who to kill and talk to and what to find and some areas just says it is hard and you will capture a gamma skin this and that etc..

i am still currently allied with the awakened i was allied with takers and awakend but some where in the game i slayed someone and when i went back to zhass-uss they started attacking me for no reason I was going to go back to amena blade to tell him i did a request he asked me to.

so anyway this is my case, I am allied with the awakends and the takers hate me, any area i go into right now they want to fight me. maybe this is why? they are supposed to give me a pass to the mountain base but I have slayed them all before I could go back and tell them I have finished some quests for them?

You can't enter mountain base from that side until you unlock the door. It is the barzites wall to keep the takers out. Since your on the taker side, the barzites aren't letting you in.

"i was allied with takers and awakend"

Impossible.

"i slayed someone and when i went back to zhass-uss they started attacking me for no reason"

Not no reason. You killed someone. Or, you allied with the Takers first and then the Awakened, making the takers hostile toward you because by allying with the Awakened, you left the alliance of the takers.

Also, pay better attention in English class. People won't be able to guess your 12 years old.

what happened was, i spoke with pinner and at some stage he asked to me destroy rising research or something, something about helping to destroy the awakend enemies. after he said that i clicked on his name and one of the questions that i could ask was ( i changed my mind i would like to leave the awakends ) or something. which means i am one of them i did a lot of quests for them!

when i went to zhass-uss a drakon came up to me and guided me to their leader who has a door behind him that if you open he will attack you. i didnt open the door at all he told me to go tspeak with amena amena told me to slay someone who betrayed them or something and i went, but i came back after i finished more than one area when i was back they attacked me i dont know who i killed a lot of areas where attacking me.

before i was attacked in zhass-uss i could enter both zhass-uss and medab with no problem and trade goods with them.

i dont know what happened and i dont know why i can not enter that door now, i have killed almost everyone in the areas in left half of the map, ones that didnt attack me i did not kill.

well what is the solution? i looked around to be forgiven and some site helped me by typing commands ( shift + d ) typed ( pleaselike me ) ( iloveserviles ) and ( forgiveme ) and it said i was forgiven, but taker guards any where around the map would attack me

please help me enter the door i do not care who i join im currently all good with the awakends and im happy with that unless i have to slay them so i can enter that door, then i will do it

and no need to be negative and offensive towards my english, it is just fine, i am just a newbie at this game, if i wanted to correct my typos i would but you can understand what i am saying i dont need to be precise im in a hurry, or else i would look after my posts and even yours, i.e:

Also, pay better attention in English class. People won't be able to guess your 12 years old.

correction

Also, pay better attention in your English classe/s. People won't be able to guess you're 12 years old.

thanks for your time helping me oue, i will wait for a reply!

Originally Posted By: BuLLee
^^ even in the walkthrough it states it is possible to be on both sides at some point, or some statement like that

This would be a case of "some statement like that." You may only be allied with 1 faction a time. However, you may leave one faction and join another faction, should you choose to do so.

i will take screen shots and show them to you, i have explored all the areas before mountain base and i have a lot of keys to access a lot of doors I have also th 3 glowing keys the blue key the 2 feather tokens etc..

and i can not go on unless i can enter that door from the north of mountain base it is the only way through to the rest of geneforge 2 it is killing me i want to know whats next I want to go to rising etc ..

if no one can help me could you please direct me to the right people? maybe the ones that created the game it self?

First, you don't need to go through that door to the rest of the game. There are ALWAYS multiple routes to any goal in the Geneforge games.

Second, if you are talking about the gate that blocks you from heading north...you need to enter the two small rooms near the north gate. They are a little to the south, one to the right and one to the left. There is a lever in each room you'll need to pull.

I'm pretty sure that is all. Nothing terribly tricky.

you do not understand me i am coming from the north of mountain base.. from western pass to mountain base. i tried to access mountain base maybe from the sides from icy breeding pits or pit of misfits both those two areas have no access from the north, only way i can continue the map is if i can go through that door from the top of mountain base and through mountain base to other areas. but that door is not opening, if you have an email i will send you two screen shots of what i mean

Oh. Yeah, I get what you're saying now. There's nothing you can do...from that direction. At least, I don't think so. You can't go further from that direction...but you can go around on the world map and approach Mountain Base from the east or the south. You might have to pass through Barzite territory, but you'll be fine. Just keep exploring the game world.

omg dude you are 100% right i am such a newbie i feel stupid now laugh i never knew that i never entered some areas to the west at the start of the game, there is a path through from the east to the west to some experimental area at the start of the game..

you are a legend, its an insignificant simple solution that i never thought of

thanks!