A New Take on Essence

I like to be concise. So.

One. Essence is a stabilizing compound which keeps things in suspended animation.

Two. Floating in the goo, there are carbon isotopes of extremely high density. (Atomic wt. approx. 130)

Three. These atoms would decay instantly except for the stabilizing goo.

Four. When the compound is activated, by a change in temperature resulting in being brought outside the human body, the chemical composition of the essence changes, leaving the carbon isotopes free to decay.

Five. A neutron is composed of one up quark and two down quarks.

Six. Two neutrons, with enough energy, could be rearranged into one electron, with three down quarks, and one proton, with two up quarks and one down quark.

Seven. This reaction, being sub-atomic, requires a great deal of energy.

Eight. Said reaction could be fueled by the chemical reaction in the sustaining goo.

Nine. Through this process, the heavy carbon can be transmuted into whatever compounds are necessary to create life, drawing oxygen, nitrogen, and hydrogen from the air. This probably is the source of the ozone smell.

Any comments? rolleyes

Originally Posted By: Sage of Numenor
One. Essence is a stabilizing compound which keeps things in suspended animation.
Im not a stickler, but this just made me laugh. If it keeps things in suspended animation, then you, all of the shapers in existence, and all the creations would all be stuck in suspended animation.

Originally Posted By: Sage of Numenor
Only if you're surrounded on all sides by it would it affect you. Point two: When the creations are created, the chemical composition of the fluid changes, remember?
Where in the game did you see this? If you cant bring up a quote from one of the games proving this, then it isnt true.

I can prove it, if you give me a month to compile a convincing argument. In the meantime, let it be said that stasis inducing compounds either function only at a subatomic level (that's this one) or you have to be fully immersed in it. Maybe the fluid has a strong surface tension that keeps it away from contact with the Shaper's gut.

Surface tension doesn't prevent contact. It prevents contact from breaking the surface.

Also, I'd love to see that argument. If it's convincing, well, I'll be convinced, but I'd like to point out that you have a high barrier to buy-in.

—Alorael, who namely means the fact that a series in which there are mages practicing magic already offers magic as a very nice solution. Suspended animation for reactions is already a kind of magic. Why compound it with further chemical magic?