Stunning Blade Question[G5]

I never used it in G5, but if I remember correctly from G4 (that battle alpha drops one early game?), it will always do a stun effect, if you hit the enemy. However, this is only useful if you can provide enough extra stunning (e.g. ensnaring crystal, creation with stun attack (vlish had this some point?). Otherwise, they will still have enough action points to perform an attack.

I remember that flaming sword was the weakest of the elemental swords on all games that had it. I would go with whichever does more damage, and probably flaming if you aren't a melee intensive character.

but the slow enhancement on a weapon sucks right? some guy did his numbers it turns out like the chances of you doing a slow on your opponent was like 6% on the next turn..

"The results I obtained from the Runed Onyx support my own experiences of it being a useless addition to a weapon. The Slow status is only bestowed on one out of four hits, and the Slow effect only kicks in one out of every four turns the round after it has been bestowed. If you do the math, that means that the probability of your opponent being slowed the next round (assuming 100% chance to hit) is 1/16, or 6.25%. That's lousy.

You'd be much better off with an Ivory Skull, which not only is guaranteed to curse the enemy, but even better, the curse effect kicks in *that same round*. On torment, a -4 to attack strength is significant, as every die of damage is doubled."

the post is in here:

http://www.spiderwebforums.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=169054#Post169054

Assuming that abilities on weapons work the same as on creations, stun should proc. on every hit, but can be (silently) resisted. Going by the stats... the Stunning Blade is a 6th level weapon, Stunblade has a base effect of 3, and you should get +1 per level of attack strength (for swords and the like this is Strength + Melee Weapons). You should inflict 3 + 6 + Str + MeW levels of stunning.

If abilities on weapons don't work the same way, but are instead a flat addition you'd only inflict 3 levels of stun.

For comparison, freshly made with minimum possible bonuses a glaahk should be level 23 (Create Glaahk @ 1 + Magic Shaping @ 2 + base level [20]). Stunning Blow has a base effect of 6, and a glaahk has 10 levels in that ability. A level 23 glaahk will also have 11 strength, giving a total attack strength of 6 + 10 + 11 = 27 levels of stunning.